Are you a fan of cauliflower? I can eat it lightly steamed topped with a little real butter and sea salt or roasted with a heart healthy omega-9 oil like olive oil along with some herbs.
A big shout out to That's Fresh with Helen Cavallo for this post's inspiration!
I must admit this recipe came out delicious! When in doubt, opt for adding pesto (it compliments almost any savory dish). You may like these other recipes using pesto: Make your own here, spinach pesto balls here, and wrapped asparagus here.
1- head of cauliflower cut into 1 inch 'steaks'; core removed
2 tbs of olive oil; divided
2 tsp basil (fresh or dried)
1/2 tsp sea salt; divided
3 tbs pesto
1/2 tsp feta cheese, crumbled
1. Rinse cauliflower and cut length wise into 1 inch thick 'steaks.' Discard the core (or save it for a future vegetable broth/stock like this).
2. Coat the cauliflower steaks on both sides with sea salt, basil, and olive oil and put into your broiler for 5 minutes on high. Flip and broil for another 3-5 minutes.
3. While cauliflower is cooking, combine the pesto and feta cheese. If your pesto is really thick, you can add a little olive oil to thin it out.
4. As soon as the cauliflower steaks come out of the broiler, drizzle the pesto-feta mixture over one side of the cauliflower.
5. Let cool slightly about 2 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Choose, eat, and live well! =)
Print This Post