It's been a long exhaustive day and you've got dinner to make for your family. You don't eat out and you've already had sandwiches for dinner this week, what do you make?
If your ingredients look something like this, you can make a meal in under 20 minutes. [Be sure to save this recipe for future use.] You can use any leftover lean protein for this recipe. Using leftover lean protein is the time saver in this recipe.
Leftover (or new) jar of spaghetti sauce
Pasta (your choice)
Veggies on hand (I used onions, garlic, and zucchini.)
Fresh or dried herbs
Heart Healthy oil (olive oil is an Omega 9)
Leftover chicken breasts
1. Boil water for your pasta.
2. Dice garlic and onions and add to a skillet on medium heat with 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil and herbs of your choice (I used fresh basil and dried oregano). Cook onions until slightly golden brown.
3. While onions and garlic are cooking, cut up the chicken breasts and prepare your veggies.
4. Add chopped veggies to the onions and cook for a few minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the vegetables in the skillet. Stir.
6. Add the diced cooked chicken to the sauce, stir and cover. Let marinate on low heat while pasta is boiling.
7. Drain pasta. Plate it and if you like, top with some butter (we do).
8. Top with chunky sauce.
9. Buon appetito!
Be sure to subscribe to my blog so that you don't miss recipes and other helpful tips in your journey to wellness. (Please verify your account when you subscribe.)
If you're interested in learning more about how to choose quality, real foods for your family, you may enjoy my online L.E.A.N. start "Nutrition Simplified" classes. You can learn here.
Choose, eat, and live well! =)