|Baked Apple Rings|
I've included some tips from my personal baking experience.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top.
|Coating them nice and even.|
|Do they look like donuts - kinda?|
2 apples (preferably organic) cored, cut into rings
1 heaping cup of almond meal
5 T melted cold-pressed organic coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp organic coconut sugar
1. Pour melted coconut oil into small shallow dish.
2. Mix almond meal, cinnamon, nutmeg and a touch of coconut sugar together in another shallow dish.
3. Coat each apple slice in the coconut oil then dip in the almond meal mixture on both sides.
4. Place on wire rack and bake for 8 minutes then carefully flip each slice and bake for another 5 minutes.
5. Optional step: Turn oven to hi-broil and finish baking for an additional 3-5 minutes with the door slightly ajar.
6. Stack on a plate and enjoy warm topped with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup if desired.
My son gave these apples high marks! We ate them alone and then tried it with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Quite a dainty and delectable dish. We will make and eat them again!
|Love his enthusiasm for cleaning up. Hope it lasts!|
I do receive a small commission from Amazon.com if you purchase anything through their site using one of the links above (read my full advertising disclosure here).
Thank you very much for your generosity in helping to offset the costs of website upkeep, so that I can keep sharing wellness resources with my community and beyond.
Download my free eGuide when you subscribe to my monthly newsletters for free.
Choose, eat, and live well! =)