This recipe is gluten-free but not dairy-free because I used butter and parmesan cheese but you can sub out butter for a vegan (non-GMO spread) and omit the cheese. There is also dairy in the Lundberg Risotto (but it is gluten-free) so opt for a jasmine rice if you're avoiding dairy as well.
You'll need 1/2 to 1 stick of butter depending on how much fish and asparagus you have. I used 1/2 stick for the amount of fish in my recipe. Use more or less (to your liking).
6-8 ounces wild caught salmon
1/2 stick softened butter
2 cloves garlic mashed (or 2 tsp of minced garlic)
1 tbs fresh parsley
Slices of lemon for cooking and garnish
1/2 pound asparagus
Risotto (or rice of your choice). I used this brand.
salt to taste
Optional: Top cooked asparagus with Parmesan cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. While oven is warming up, make risotto according to package instructions.
3. Wash asparagus and trim to 1" pieces and discard fibrous ends (or compost!).
4. Prepare butter mixture for fish (and asparagus). A half stick of butter is enough for 6-8 ounces of fish (or 2-3 filets). Mix the garlic, parsley, and optional salt to taste with the butter. If the butter is too soft after mixing, put it in the freezer for a few minutes to let it harden (just a bit) so that it will cook on top of the fish.
5. Salt the fish (just a sprinkle). Then spread a dollop of the butter mixture on top; it should be a thick coating on top of the fish. Add a slice of lemon to each fish filet and cover.
6. In a separate bowl, toss the asparagus with the remaining butter mixture and sprinkle some salt. Cook uncovered.
7. Cook the fish and asparagus for 17-22 minutes. Fish will flake with a fork and asparagus will be al dente. Toss the asparagus half way through.
8. Watch your risotto while the fish and asparagus are cooking. You want everything to be done about the same time. =)
9. Optional: Sprinkle the finished asparagus with Parmesan cheese. Add a lemon garnish to each fish filet before serving.
9. Buon Appetito!! =)
I do receive a small commission from Amazon.com if you purchase anything through their site using one of the links above (read my full advertising disclosure here).
Thank you very much for your generosity in helping to offset the costs of website upkeep, so that I can keep sharing wellness resources with my community and beyond.
Download my free eGuide when you subscribe to my newsletter and / or subscribe to my blog here to never miss a post.
Choose, eat, and live well! =)