Like many of you, I'm a busy parent. Some days require an easy approach to dinner that doesn't compromise on flavor or nutritional value - wouldn't you agree? This recipe is gluten free and if you omit the feta, it can be dairy free too.
2 cups of jasmine rice, cooked
1 cup of mixed sliced bell peppers
1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
2 tbs of olive oil (I prefer organic varieties like this)
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried oregano (like this)
3-6 chicken breasts
1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cumin (like this)
1 tsp turmeric (like this)
2 tsp crumbled feta cheese (or cheese of your liking; omit)
1. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, cuminm and turmeric on both sides and grill for 5 minutes each side or until done (160 degrees F).
2. Cook rice according to the package. I love my rice cooker!
3. Saute bell peppers and tomatoes in the olive oil, minced garlic, and oregano until bell peppers are al dente (if using fresh) or if frozen, until cooked through or about 10 minutes.
4. When chicken breasts are done, add them to the bell peppers/tomato/garlic mix. Cook on low for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
5. Add a cup of rice to your plate and top with the chicken breasts and bell pepper mixture. Add 1/2 tsp of crumbled feta (or substitute cheese of your liking; go easy though!).
6. Buon Appetito! =)
I do receive a small commission from Amazon.com if you purchase anything through their site using one of the links above (read my full advertising disclosure here).
Thank you very much for your generosity in helping to offset the costs of website upkeep, so that I can keep sharing wellness resources with my community and beyond.
Choose, eat, and live well! =)
Print This Post