There are dozens of ways to eat more vegetables like blending, juicing, sautéing, Juice Plusing, eating them raw and more!
Vegetables are nutrient dense giving you hundreds of thousands of phytonutrients that your body recognizes as food and it uses the nutrients the right away (bioavailable).
I challenge you to eat 5 different vegetables daily. Can you do it?
Eating more vegetables daily may help you to eat less of the red light foods (empty, junk calories with little to no nutritional value). More information on traffic light eating can be found here.
The following recipe is really simple because you can use any 5 or more vegetables of your liking and look here – you've just hit your daily goal! Choose various colors. I roasted: onions, carrots, asparagus, white eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, and potatoes.Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the five to seven colorful varieties of vegetables roughly the same size for even roasting.
3. Toss the vegetables with extra virgin olive oil (organic if possible), sea salt, and rosemary (or your herb of choice; oregano or thyme works brilliantly here too) and roast for 40 minutes.
4. At the 20 minute mark, toss them for even roasting. Don't overcook them; you want them to be al dente (little firm on the outer edge and softer in the middle). The vegetables should not be mushy.
5. Serve with a clean protein of your choice, rice or quinoa, or eat them without any sides – they can stand alone surely!
Great news! Through the end of the year, I have doubled the donation amount for non-profits! When you sponsor a non-profit through one of my 3-week online Nutrition Simplified classes, I will donate 50% of the proceeds! Contact me for more details.
Nutrition Education and Empowerment Services
I do receive a small commission from Amazon.com if you purchase anything through their site using one of the links above (read my full advertising disclosure here).
Thank you very much for your generosity in helping to offset the costs of website upkeep, so that I can keep sharing wellness resources with my community and beyond.
Download my free eGuide when you subscribe to my newsletter.
Choose, eat, and live well! =)