5-6 hard boiled eggs, cooled, peeled, halved; yokes placed aside
3-6 slices of bacon, cooked 'til crisp and crumbled (nitrate/nitrite free)
1 avocado, peeled and seed removed
juice of a 1/2 lemon
1 tsp minced garlic
3 tbs mayo (make your own like this)
2 tsp. Dijon (or deli-style) mustard
1. Cook bacon until crisp. Allow to cool. Crumble it. Set aside.
2. Using a fork, mash avocado with the juice of 1/2 lemon, spices, and the garlic until a creamy texture.
3. Remove yolks from hard boiled eggs and mash them with mayo and Dijon mustard.
4. Combine the creamy avocado (step 2) and creamy yolks (step 3) together until flavors and colors are blended.
5. Take the avocado-yolk mixture and spoon into each of the halves.
6. Top with crumbled bacon.
7. Share with a friend. Enjoy!
I do receive a small commission from Amazon.com if you purchase anything through their site using one of the links above (read my full advertising disclosure here).
Thank you very much for your generosity in helping to offset the costs of website upkeep, so that I can keep sharing wellness resources with my community and beyond.
Download my free eGuide when you subscribe to my newsletter and / or subscribe to my blog here to never miss a post.
Choose, eat, and live well! =)